Sewn from pieces of non-conductive stretch jersey and Eeontex piezoresistive knit stretch fabric. The fabric of this ball with a balloon inside stretches when the balloon is inflated and the Eeontex fabric becomes less conductive the more it is stretched. Two contacts sewn withon either side of one of the Eeontex segments are used to measure this change in resistance and connect via an . The Arduino translates and maps the resistance of the sensor into sound played out through a speaker, while a processing graph application running on the computer visualizes the change in resistance.
– Red stretch jersey fabric
– Eeontex LR 4-5k. mm-2-84 from Eeonyx
– Silver plated conductive thread
– Glass beads for insulating conductive thread leads
– Regular thread for sewing ball segments together