This is a super simple fabric LED strip with 25 LEDs, LiPo battery power and an on/off switch.
Materials and Parts:
- non-synthetic base material such as cotton or silk (better for soldering on!)
- solderable from Karl-Grimm:
- Tiny SMD LEDs:
- LiPo battery:
- LiPo socket with switch:
- 10 Ohm resistor
- Using a sewing machine, sew two parallel lines of the solderable conductive thread to the fabric by zig-zaging over them with a regular (non-sythetic) thread.
- Solder on the LEDs.
- Cut the conductive thread on one of the leads and insert the 10 Ohm resistor.
- Sew and solder the LilyPower module.
- Plug the battery and turn on.
- Use stuffing or padding with translucent gauze fabric to diffuse the light if desired.